1. Why does Picnic send over two deals from separate exchanges?
⚙️ Picnic has two programmatic partners to facilitate our publishers' various SSP & DSP relationships.
- Xandr Curation Marketplace: only compatible with Xandr SSP but DSP agnostic.
- MediaGrid: SSP agnostic but only compatible with DV360, MediaMath, TTD, and other independent DSPs.
2. Which DSPs are Picnic deals compatible with?
🔧 Picnic's Programmatic Inventory is split 50:50 via two SSP pipes (MediaGrid & Xandr Curation Marketplace) and therefore has varied capabilities.
- If using DV360, MediaMath, TheTradeDesk, Nextroll, StackAdapt, Verizon, or Adelphic, you'll be able to access 100% of Picnic inventory.
- If using any DSP outside of the above, you'll be able to access 50% of Picnic inventory.
3. How does Picnic report on creative events?
🎨 You will be able to report on all performance metrics through your DSP excluding any in-unit engagements within the Picnic format. Picnic will report on these events through our ad server. Examples of in-unit engagements include:
- Taps between frames and sound on/off clicks (Stories)
- Swipes between frames (Multi-frame Posts/Carousel)
- Total swipes like/dislike (Swipe Right)
Picnic can also report on more granular click out locations alongside in-unit engagements.
📊 Your Account Manager will provide a detailed weekly creative report, which will be uploaded to your Picnic Programmatic Set-Up Home on the agreed reporting day.
- Picnic can also send automated raw creative reports from our Adserver to a selected email.
4. What targeting should I overlay in my DSP?
👨👩👧👦 Picnic has two types of deals - Audience/Contextual and RON deals. The kind of targeting you can overlay on your DSP depends on the type of deal.
- Audience / Contextual Deals: With Picnic looking after your audience and contextual targeting with Picnic's 1st Party Publisher Data, as well as viewability, all you should overlay is Brand Safety where necessary.
- RON Deals: You're able to apply your usual Audience, Geo, Contextual (keyword list or domain allow/block list) and Brand Safety targeting.
- Picnic may request changes if targeting is too granular and therefore affecting scale.
5. How does Picnic's 1st party data targeting work?
1️⃣ You'll be able to provide Picnic with a list of audiences/contextual keywords you're looking to target across your campaign. From there the Picnic team brief out their Publisher network and set up specific deals customised to your needs with our publisher's 1st party data overlaid.*
These deals will then be clearly labeled and your Picnic Account Manager will inform you when they're ready to be activated. See point 4 on how set up targeting when using a 1st Party Publisher Deal.
*Majority of Picnic's Publishers utilise the IAB's taxonomy to categorise its users into usable segments for the use of personalised advertising.
6. Why am I not targeting Picnic inventory only?
❌ Please make sure that the box 'Target New Exchanges' in unticked.* If this box remains ticked, you will target the open web rather than Picnic's inventory.
*Please note, this only applies to DV360. Other DSPs may vary.