This document describes how to set up your AMP pages to be able to deliver Picnic's formats. Picnic's formats deliver as a 320x480 & 320x400 standard HTML creatives and the only requirement is you must have an ad unit which supports these sizes. This guide shows one way of making your ad units compatible however you might have other methods which better suit your stack.
Example Creative Tags
This is an example Picnic Stories creative (320x480). Traffic via our ad server to confirm your pages have been set up correctly
This is an example Picnic Posts creative (320x400). Traffic via our ad server to confirm your pages have been set up correctly
Ad Unit Set Up
AMP Set Up
1. SETUP THE AD UNIT IN DFP
- Within DFP > Inventory > Ad Units, edit an existing ad unit.
- For Sizes, select Fixed Size and enter 320x480 & 320x400 as well as any other ad sizes you choose.
- Enter all other settings as per your preferences, then click Save
Example: Add 300x250 as a secondary size to ensure you maintain your existing MPU demand.
2. GENERATE THE TAG
- Click Generate Tags
- Select Tag Type > Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Multi Size Validation > Uncheck (this allows you to have a secondary size e.g. 300x250 which is less than 2/3rds of primary size 320x480)
- All other tag settings as per your existing standards
- A tag will be generated
<amp-ad width=320 height=480 type="doubleclick" data-slot="/1234567/slot" data-multi-size="320x400,300x250" data-multi-size-validation="false" data-loading-strategy="prefer-viewability-over-views"> </amp-ad>
This is an AMP property “which optimises for viewability without drastically impacting the impressions”.
3. PUSH THE TAG TO YOUR SITE
- Add or replace the generated tag to the HTML code for your site
- Picnic Seat Name: Picnic Media - MightyHive - DV360 - UK
- Picnic Seat ID: 14980
- Targeting: this should only target the AMP placement containing the 320x480 & 320x400 sizes.
IMPORTANT The 320x480 & 320x400 sizes needs to be explicitly added to both the Ad Manager Line Item and AdX Deal.